Bryony is a Geography teacher from Wales who was enticed to New Zealand by her love for the outdoors and appetite for adventure.
She coaches many water sports such as kayaking, rafting, canoeing and in recent years her love for Stand Up Paddleboarding has grown.
Since being in New Zealand she has been working as an Outdoor instructor and Operations Assistant for Horizons Unlimited and has been leading their school SUP Programmes.
She enjoys nothing more than going out for a paddle in the many beautiful spots in New Zealand with her friends.
- ISA/SNZ Level 1 Stand Up Paddleboard Instructor
- SNZ Community Lifesaving Certificate
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children Certificate
- BCU Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Paddlesports
- BCU Level 1 Raft Guide
- BCU Discipline Support Module
- SUP 3* Award Certificate in Canoe
- 3* Award Certificate in White Water Kayak 3* Award Certificate in Sea Kayak 4* Award
- Open Canoe Training Indoor Surfing Instructor
- BCU Coastal Navigation and Tidal Planning course
- Duke of Edinburgh Bronze, Silver and Gold Award
Originally from Germany Berit has been enjoying life in New Zealand in every way possible for around 4 years. Stand Up Paddleboarding is one of many activities that she enjoys and as being active is a big part in her life she became a qualified Stand Up Paddleboard instructor. Since November 2016 she has worked for Christchurch Paddleboarding as a SUP instructor. In addition to the being a SUP instructor, Berit is also a qualified yoga teacher and enjoys helping people to discover, observe and listen to their bodies. Since she gained the SUP instructor qualification she also brought yoga on to the water and has offered SUP Yoga classes since the start of 2017.
Having now stepped into the world of instructing with both yoga and paddleboarding, Berit has seen how she can make a difference in other people lives, which is something she loves to put her energy into.
Yoga is all about finding balance within and for your self, both physically and mentally. Turning a paddleboard into a floating yoga mat is an exciting and new way to bring a challenge to your practice and finding connection to yourself as well nature.
SUP Yoga is available for all levels of experience. We start each class slowly, to appreciate the feeling of floating on the board. Then we move into more dynamic and flowing movements; then slowing down to more gentle poses and finishing with the greatest Shavasana (relaxation) that is truly unique.
Regardless we recommend that students feel confident on a paddleboard and have practiced yoga before to make the most out of a session.
Above all SUP yoga is very fun and you probably will have a giggle on the way…even if you fall in!
- ISA/NZ Surf Stand Up Paddleboard Instructor
- 200h RYT (Yoga Teacher Certificate)
- Registration with Yoga Alliance: 12.10.2016
- First Aid Level 1